Iconography

The icon every android app starts with. One of my friends actually called this the dustbin with arms and legs and I think he's quite right, the very icon itself is begging to be replaced with something else. The question is with what? Most of the time I write an app I change this at the last minute before putting my app on the store, but this time I thought I would put in a bit of effort beforehand.

So, I sat down and threw this together.
From the android developers guide:
An icon is a graphic that takes up a small portion of screen real estate and provides a quick, intuitive representation of an action, a status, or an app.
Well, after a bit of thinking, I decided to be as literal as possible, the clock in the icon represents the timer, and the message in the icon represents the fact that the app will send a message if the time expires. Simple!

So, now to put this to work in my app...


No comments:

Post a Comment